0 Flares 0 Flares ×
In today’s Improvised Insight Interview I had a chance to talk with Dr Jason Fox of drjasonfox.com.
His work is really light and fun and full of sharp points about how to creatively approach our habitual way of working. Ostensibly Jason talks about motivation design or the process gamification.
But more broadly Jason is interested in how to make working environments more fun and satisfying and conducive to bringing out better quality work from the people who are immersed in them.
After admiring his writing and world view for some time I was thrilled to finally have a chance to talk with him. You are seeing our first meeting and conversation.
Using the word “truffles” as a jumping off point we end up discussing:
– the nature of talent
– the incredible book Finite and Infinite Games by James Carse
– how money is a poor motivating force
– how success is an overused term that has been stripped of meaning
– and how progress (rather than success) speaks more clearly about the nature of work since it is a non-complete activity
Sometimes “Progress” is going backwards.
– why losing video games is important
And a lot more.
Follow Jason Fox on his blog and I’d love to hear your thoughts on the world of motivation that Jason talked about.